Last updated April 30, 2013
- This policy answers the following questions:
- What information do we collect about you and how do we use it?
- Will we share your personal information with third parties?
- What choices do you have about the collection and use of your personal information?
- What security measures do we take to safeguard your personal information?
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW DO WE USE IT?
Types of Information We CollectPersonal information means information that can be used to identify and contact you. You do not need to submit personal information to access certain areas of the Sites, but if you do not want to disclose certain personal information to us, you will not be able to access certain areas of the Sites or aspects of the Programs.
- We collect personal information when you create an account through the Programs; participate in sales and/or auctions, polls, surveys, and/or questionnaires; participate in contests, sweepstakes, and/or other promotions.
- To create an account for the Programs, we require you to provide your name, date of birth; email address, Twitter screen name and/or Facebook (Fan) Page name and URL, mailing address (if you choose to be paid by check) and phone number.
- When you are buying products or services through the Programs, in addition to the information above, we will ask for your billing address, telephone number and credit card or other payment information.
- Additionally, we may also collect other types of information (known as demographic information) such as your gender, hobbies, occupation, social platform preferences, and other similar information. This demographic information may be associated with your personal information.
How We Use Your Personal InformationThe personal information you provide to us will allow us to fulfill your Program sales or purchases; alert you of new products or services, features, or enhancements; handle/route your customer service questions or issues; and/or notify you of upgrade opportunities, contests, promotions, or special events and offers. We also use your e-mail address to send you messages about the Programs and other general announcements.
- We keep track of your interactions with us, including but not limited to your activity within the Programs. We may use personal information that you provide to us to send messages to you in response to your request to perform an activity in connection with your use of any of the Programs. We may also use your personal information to contact you when necessary.
Cookies"Cookies" are small bits of electronic information that a website sends to a visitor’s browser and are stored on the visitor’s hard drive. Like many websites, we employ cookies in certain areas of the Sites to allow us to provide information that is targeted to your interests and to make your online experience more convenient. For example, when you return to one of our websites after logging in, cookies provide information to the website so that the website will remember who you are. Should you disable cookies in your browser, you will have to provide your user ID and password each time you log in.
Log InformationOur servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit the Sites. This information includes your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, the search engine you used to find the Program, if any, the operating system your computer uses, which Programs you use and when and how long you use them. We use this information to monitor and analyze how users use the Programs, to provide customer service and to maintain and improve the Programs.
Children’s PrivacyWe do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. We take children’s privacy seriously, and encourage parents to play an active role in their children’s online experience at all times.
WILL WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
Sharing of InformationWe may use your personal information to provide analyses of our users in the aggregate to prospective partners, advertisers and other third parties. We may also disclose and otherwise use, on an anonymous basis, affiliation, position, interests and other non-personal information about customers.
- In addition, we will share the personal information we collect from you under the following circumstances:
- Protection of rights. We will share personal information if we have a good faith belief that:
(i) access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, such as a court order or subpoena, or a request by law enforcement or governmental authorities,
(iii) such action is necessary to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues associated with the Programs, or
(iv) such action is appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of Traina Interactive, its employees, users of the Programs or others.
- Asset transfers. If we become involved in a merger, acquisition or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of Traina Interactive’s assets, user information, including personal information collected from you through your use of the Programs, could be included in the transferred assets. Should such an event occur, we will use reasonable means to notify you, either through email and/or a prominent notice on the Sites.
WHAT CHOICES DO YOU HAVE ABOUT THE COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Control of Your InformationYou may delete your account (and thus your personal information) at any time by accessing the "Delete Account" area of the Sites or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that when you delete your account, we may retain your account information for a reasonable period of time afterward for the purpose of internal account management and fraud prevention activities.
Opting Out of Receiving Communications from UsThe only way for you to unsubscribe from receiving all communications from us, including messages relating to your account transactions, is to delete your account.
Questions:Please contact us at email@example.com or (415) 754-8167 M-F 9 am - 6 pm PST.
- You can also reach us via mail at Traina Interactive, 150 Green Street, Suite 309, San Francisco, CA 94111 Attn: Customer Service.