Find Edible, Medicinal Plants and Mushrooms in the Forests of California
Have you ever been curious about what's edible, medicinal and poisonous in the woods? Find out on this beautiful, uncrowded hike in the coastal California redwood forest.... more less
Learn about what you can eat in the woods. This hike in the lovely Santa Cruz mountains is guided by an experienced forager and naturalist. The route traverses the uncrowded, beautiful and quiet coastal redwood and mixed hardwood forest, meadow grasslands and riverside ecosystems.
Learn the ancient ways of identifying edible and medicinal species native to the region, and discuss proper harvesting and preparation techniques. You will gather what is in season, available and ripe. Eat what you gather in the field while enjoying wild-harvested tea. This experience connects you to the nurturing properties of mother nature while soaking in the vistas, fresh air and birdsongs.
- Learn about edible and medicinal plants and mushrooms on a hike in the Santa Cruz mountains
- Incorporate proper harvesting and preparation techniques
- Eat and enjoy what you find
- Experience a deeper connection to nature
- Please wear comfortable shoes, long pants and clothes to hike
- Must be able to comfortably hike three miles with some hills
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works