Explore Lower East Side with Bruce Northam, Travel Writer for Thrillist.
This unconventional excursion transitions through several wildly different worlds. The route and content have nearly zero crossovers with any other tour as your street anthropologist weaves through NYC’s uncharted “lower” LES.
- Visit the church frequented by Edgar Allen Poe and Boss Tweed and stop by an old-timey saloon that redefined this neighborhood
- Stroll by off-the-radar parks, streets, community centers, and eateries
- Step into the real, unfiltered version of Chinatown (this is not the Disneyland version west of Bowery)
- Gain insights into how a city of immigrants continues to reinvent itself
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works