Benefiting Good Fun-d
Kenya Cultural and Wildlife Photo Safari
Join adventurer Jan Reynolds and explore the world-renowned Sheldrick elephant orphanage and giraffe breeding site in the area where the movie "Out of Africa" was filmed. Then, set out on an expedition to visit a tribe of Maasai far into the wilderness of Laikipia, the northern area of Kenya. The group, Il Ngwesi, meaning "people of wildlife," has erected a massive treehouse perched above a watering hole teeming with wildlife. Wonderful photographs can be taken right from your elevated, open-air room. The gorgeous treehouse is built from the same all-natural materials they use to make their own inkajijik (or house structures), and comes furnished with beautiful beds and amenities, all attended to by the trained local staff at Il Ngwesi. Jan and the Maasai guides will even take you out privately in a Land Rover to picnic and photograph the wildlife from the ground level.
Jan is an award-winning National Geographic photographer and author of the book: Only The Mountains Don't Move: A Maasai Story of Culture and Conservation. She will take you to visit traditional Maasai, to experience firsthand their fascinating tribal way of life, explore their lifestyle of herding their animals, and share their hospitality in a traditional Maasa.
- Eight to ten day Kenya cultural & wildlife photo safari
- Visit Sheldrick elephant orphanage and dine at an English colonial house
- Stay in Karen at the guest house or Giraffe Manor
- Visit giraffe breeding project
- Explore Nanyuki national park
- Tour wildlife sanctuary
- Visit Mount Kenya, and Il Ngwesi, home of the Maasai and their treehouse for visitors
- Hold a picnic blending both local food culture and wildlife with Maasai guides
- Witness Maasai tribal celebrations
- Land Rover wildlife safari and photos
- Explore Nairobi shopping and sites
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works
Provide your preferred dates for the experience.
The luminary will confirm the schedule or ask for alternatives.
Have a wonderful time. We look forward to coordinating your next IfOnly experience.