Balloon Flight over The Grand Canyon
Even if you have seen the Grand Canyon, we're betting you've never seen it like this. Indeed, few people have.... more less
In this unbelievable experience, you will step into a colorful hot air balloon and fly high above one of the world's greatest natural treasures for a breathtaking perspective typically available only to the birds. Rise with the sun and float among the clouds with veteran pilot Chris Dewhirst as he takes you to 12,000 feet (so high you will temporarily don an oxygen mask), then let the wind carry you gently and smoothly across the majestic chasm. It's a dazzling and sublime experience fit for a postcard, and a once-in-a-lifetime trip that offers an unparalleled view of nearly two billion years of Earth's geological history.
After landing you'll join Chris for dinner to debrief your epic day, and hear his stories from an incredible ballooning career including flights over Mount Everest in the Himalayas and Mount Blanc in the Alps. This is the way the Grand Canyon was meant to be experienced. With nothing but the Colorado River winding below and the blue Arizona sky above, this is truly an adventure unlike any other.
- Balloon flight for two (2) over the Grand Canyon
- Dinner for two (2) people with Chris
- Experience is weather dependent; passengers must be flexible with departure date
- The flight is very weather dependent; weather window only opens a few days per month between November and March
- Passengers will need to arrive at the Grand Canyon one or two days ahead of a good forecast
- Additional passengers may be added for an additional fee
- This experience may be physically strenuous, due to the probability of having to walk out some distance after landing. Passengers will be breathing bottled oxygen throughout much of the flight and a flight could go six hours without a bathroom stop (although three hours is the typical time frame). A modicum of fitness and comfort with heights is expected.
- Experience provided in English (US)
read fine print
- This experience is non-refundable once purchased