World’s First Heli-Skiing Adventure in Antarctica
Make history as you become one of the very first people to ski Antarctica by helicopter.... more less
Embark on the ultimate polar adventure when you go heli-skiing in Antarctica, the very first trip of its kind. In this incredible experience for thrill-seekers, you will venture to the bottom of the world for 12 nights and 11 days of adventure. Never before have explorers skied the pristine slopes of the great and undiscovered continent from a helicopter — until now.
Your journey begins when you and a select group of travelers arrive at the southern tip of Argentina. From there, you will set sail for Antarctica via the famous Drake Passage, where you will see some of the most exotic wildlife on the planet. Huge albatross, humpback whales, penguins, leopard seals, and killer whales will abound throughout your trip. As you travel to the planet’s southernmost continent, your intrepid group will have the opportunity to go sea kayaking, scuba diving, field camping, snowshoeing, and mountaineering. You’ll even join a photography workshop so you can take beautiful shots of the glacial landscape.
Then, thousands of miles from the nearest ski resort, your trip really kicks off when you enjoy five unbelievable days heli-skiing through the most remote terrain on Earth. Carve through mountains never touched by man as you ski six hours a day at two different locations on the Antarctic Peninsula and its surrounding islands. There will also be plenty of non-skiers on the trip, ensuring every adventurer has the ultimate experience regardless of their skills.
- Exact trip dates TBD, but will likely be scheduled in November or December of 2017. Dates are subject to change based on ice levels
- Five days heli-skiing for skiers or five days excursions/tours for non-skiers; weather depending, there will be two heli-skiing excursions a day, approximately three hours each time
- There will only be 32 skiers allowed on this trip, plus some 50 or so nonskiers and staff
- Non-skiing activities include guided shore excursions, Zodiac cruises, wildlife walks, kayak tours, guided snowshoe walks, photo workshop, scuba diving (additional costs may apply), and camping
- If you would like to purchase a room for both a skier and non-skier please add individual options to the cart or contact an IfOnly concierge at email@example.com or (415) 754-8167 for assistance
- Maximum occupancy is 2 people per room
- All meals aboard the ship, including snacks, coffee and tea, are included
- Free use of rubber boots and snowshoes
- Pre-scheduled group transfer from the vessel to the airport in Ushuaia (directly after disembarkation)
- All shore excursions and activities throughout the voyage by Zodiac
- Program of lectures by noted naturalists and leadership by experienced expedition staff
- Includes all miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
- Comprehensive pre-departure material
- Package does not include any airfare, pre- and post-trip hotel arrangements, transfer to the vessel, government arrival and departure taxes, passport and visa expenses insurance, gratuity, or possible fuel surcharges if the world fuel prices reach or exceed $120 per barrel brent (additional $25 per passenger per night)
- An initial non-refundable deposit of 30% is required to reserve the trip with the remaining balance due 90 days after the initial payment or within 90 days prior to the commencement of the trip
- Please expand the below fine print for Himalayan Heliski Guides terms and conditions
- Experience provided in English (US)
read fine print
- This experience is non-refundable once purchased
- HHSG reserves the right to cancel the heli-ski trip at any time. This trip will only take place if HHSG reaches the minimum number of attendees threshold.
- Health Insurance: HHSG does not carry health, life or injury insurance for customers. It is required that you carry your own personal health & injury insurance and you provide proof of this before starting the trip. HHSG requires you carry insurance for life and health care risks. Be sure that it covers you for heli-skiing in Antarctica.
- Emergency Evacuation Insurance: In the case of injury to skiers, evacuation expenses will be charged to the injured party. HHSG highly recommend that everyone carry evacuation insurance. An IfOnly concierge can help you find this insurance if you desire.
- Personal Property Insurance: HHSG recommends that your personal belongings are also insured against loss. Your homeowner's insurance may not be enough. Make sure this insurance covers you while you are in Antarctica.
- Cancellations: If it becomes necessary for you to cancel your reservation, HHSG requires notice in writing. If we receive cancellation notice more than six months prior to the skiing or trekking date, all the money on deposit will be refunded less $1,500 per person. If HHSG receives cancellation notice less than six months prior to the heli-ski trip, 30% of the purchase price is non-refundable. When HHSG receives a cancellation notice less than 10 weeks prior to the skiing date all money on account is non-refundable. If HHSG is forced to cancel for any reason, the 30% will be carried over for a trip the following year and the balance (if it has already been paid) will be returned to the customer. Cancellation insurance is generally affordable and recommended to cover these possible eventualities.
- Refunds: The trip begins and ends on specific days. No refund is given, in whole or in part, for unused days or transportation resulting from late arrival, early departure, or for any other reason. Likewise, there are no refunds given for 'Down Days' if bad weather or helicopter breakdowns prevent us from skiing on any given day. HHSG plans to heli-ski two times a day, 3 hours each time, for 5 days. HHSG guarantees an average of at least 4 runs a day, although they expect to ski more. HHSG will refund the un-skied runs at the rate of $100 per missed run. No missed run refunds will be given if you decide not to ski one day or come back earlier. If you should decide to stop skiing early one day, or if you should decide not to ski at all one day, you forfeit that day, thus no refund is available. HHSG recommends that you purchase travel insurance to protect yourself. The amount of flying time hours given for the trip is more then enough to make the minimum guarantee of an average of 4 runs per day in the designated heli-ski areas for the heli-ski week. If the group wishes to fly more hours on any given day, or go into other areas and exceeds the flying time, the guarantee for hours or days quoted will be non valid. Please note: any discounts given will be deducted from the run guarantee.
- Cancellation Insurance: HHSG highly recommends that you buy cancellation insurance for your heli-ski trip and your flight ticket. This insurance must cover your trip if you become ill, or have other valid reasons for not being able to come on the trip. The insurance should also cover your trip in case HHSG has to cancel due to circumstances beyond our control. Should HHSG have to cancel the trip, we will retain 30% of the purchase price, so at the very least, you should insure this and your flight ticket, but we suggest you get 100% coverage in case the cancellation is on your behalf, as HHSG does not allow refunds 10 weeks prior to departure. You can either get this insurance from your travel agent, personal insurance broker, or through All Trip Protection at http://www.alltripprotection.com (US and Canadian citizens).