Chilean Fishing Adventure at Futa Lodge
Chile’s spectacular Futaleufu Valley calls out to anglers with its incredible diversity of wildlife and natural beauty.... more less
Chile’s Futaleufu Valley opens its doors to only the most intrepid anglers, providing unparalleled fly fishing and breathtaking panoramas deep in the heart of Patagonia. Discover everything this storied region has to offer when you and your friends venture to the Valle de las Escalas for a stay at the world-famous Futa Lodge.
“Big River” in the native Tehuelche language, Futaleufu is home to the absolute best in adventure fly fishing: spectacular runs of brown and rainbow trout, crystal clear wading waters, a temperate climate, and a stunning location amid some of the most unspoiled mountain scenery on the planet. Futa’s team of international guides will lead you by horseback through the valley, offering tips on how to best fish each section of the river, which fly to use, and the proper presentation for that fly. Discover the hidden secrets of Futaleufu as you explore its intimate tributaries and remote trophy lakes in search of the ultimate catch.
After a long day in the Patagonia wild, return to the comfort of Futa Lodge’s riverfront accommodations. Charming cottages await, providing lodging for six anglers with a cozy living room, fireplace, and two additional double rooms. You’ll also enjoy a hearty cuisine of organically raised meats, fresh vegetables, divine desserts, and award-winning local wine. A traditional asado will be held once during your stay, where you can sample prime cuts of lamb and beef alongside an array of local delicacies.
Photo credit: Marcos Furer
- Six (6) nights, five (5) days or four (4) nights, three (3) days at Futa Lodge for up to six (6) guests
- Locally sourced meals and all beverages included
- Horseback led fishing excursions with professional guide
- Fishing license included
- Rental fishing equipment (rods, reels, and lines) $25 per day
- Transfer to/from Esquel and Bariloche available at an additional fee
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works