Learn the ins and outs of working as a zookeeper in this rare experience at the Santa Barbara Zoo. Lunch and a private zoo tour are included in this exclusive encounter.
Santa Barbara Zoo
Benefiting Santa Barbara Zoo
A Career Caring for Animals: Lunch and Learn with a Zoo Curator
In this eye-opening educational adventure at the Santa Barbara Zoo, combine a day at the Zoo with an opportunity to spend one-on-one time with an animal curator. Perfect for animal lovers and budding animal care providers, this experience affords you professional stories straight from a zookeeper. Sit down with them over a midday meal and learn about their career and the Zoo’s conservation and educational efforts. Depending on your interests, the Zoo can arrange lunch with your choice of curator from the bird, reptile, or mammal department.
Following lunch, you’ll be taken behind the scenes for a private tour to meet with animals. Usually restricted to the public unless accompanied by staff members, you’ll get an up-close look at some of your favorite animals. After the guided tour, you are invited to explore the animal habitats and the Zoo’s attractions at your leisure. A portion of this purchase will go towards the Santa Barbara Zoo’s conservation efforts.
- Lunch and learn with a zoo curator at the Santa Barbara Zoo with one of the following teams:
- Bird Team
- Reptile Team
- Mammal Team
- Private guided behind the scenes tour with 2 animals
- Package includes full-day zoo admission for all guests
- Guests must be 18 years or older to participate
- Experience must be scheduled at least 3 weeks in advance
- Though unlikely, there is a possibility of last-minute changes depending on zookeeper availability and animal health
- Close-toed shoes required; otherwise guests may not be allowed in some habitats
- Experience must be redeemed within 1 year of date purchased
- Please arrive at the Zoo 15 minutes before the tour begins
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works