Benefiting Tipping Point
Bird Watching in the Woods and Along the Coast with a Certified Wildlife Biologist
With over 30 years of experience studying birds in the San Francisco Bay Area, Daniel is able to identify hundreds of bird species by warble alone. You and up to 3 of your friends will learn his secrets while on the lookout for rare and endangered species. Choose from several locations throughout the North Bay and encounter any number of area-specific birds, including the northern spotted owl, marbled murrelet, hermit warbler, brown pelican, and the famed California condor. Perfect for avid and casual bird watchers alike, this is a unique experience that will forever change the way you see our feathered friends.
Photos: Martin Meyers
- Bird watching tour led by Daniel Edelstein in the Bay Area
- Possible locations:
- Point Reyes National Seashore
- Sonoma County forests and coastal areas (including Bodega Head adjacent to Bodega Bay)
- Muir Woods
- Las Gallinas Wildlife Ponds
- Tomales Bay State Park
- This experience is approximately eight hours
- This experience is for a minimum of 1 guest and up to 4 guests
- Transportation: Either meet Daniel in Marin and he will join your car for the tour or he will pick you up in the Bay Area and drive for the day
- Daniel has two extra pairs of binoculars; however, it's recommended for guests to bring their own. His spotting scope is an A-1 (Swarovski ATS 80 HD, 25 power zoom through 50 power)
- If you would like to book this for a weeked or inquire about a larger group, please contact an IfOnly concierge at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 376-4640 for details
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works
Provide your preferred dates and location for the experience.
The luminary will confirm the details, including schedule and location, or ask for alternatives.
Have a wonderful time. We look forward to coordinating your next IfOnly experience.