Journey to the heart of the Amazon jungle for a riverboat cruise like nowhere else on Earth.
Lindblad National Geographic
Benefiting Lindblad-National Geographic (LEX-NG) Fund
Explore the Upper Amazon Aboard the Delfin II
The incredible biodiversity and natural beauty of the upper Amazon has called out to explorers for centuries, and now you could discover its unique allure for yourself when you venture to the rainforests of Peru with Lindblad-National Geographic.
Your home during this Amazonian adventure is the inimitable, 28-guest Delfin II, a luxurious riverboat providing spacious air-conditioned comfort and five-star cuisine. The Delfin II boasts hardwood floors, rattan sofas, wooden-slat hammocks, and a graceful, modern design. The enthusiastic naturalists and expedition leader will set the informal tone for your expedition, and the vessel’s head chef will introduce you to Peru’s haute cuisine and local delicacies, all prepared with an Amazonian flair.
For an entire week the Delfin II will be your base as you explore the spectacular Pacaya-Samiria Reserve with seasoned Lindblad expedition leaders and local naturalists. As you glide along the Pucate River you will encounter one of the most naturally diverse regions in the world, with hundreds of species of birds, mammals, and reptiles. See three-toed sloths, piranhas, squirrel monkeys, tamarins, and white-throated toucans. Spot the telltale snort of a pink river dolphin as it glides through mysterious tannin-rich waters. The wildlife of the Amazon is remarkable in its abundance and staggering diversity. Each day you will set out in search of new creatures in this unique habitat.
- Suites have two twin beds which can convert to a king. Some suites can be connected for families traveling together (call for details). Each includes a large view window, excellent reading lights, a closet, easy chair, and desk. Bathrooms are spacious with a large shower, separate toilet and sink area.
- Master Suites feature two twin beds that can be converted into a king, plus oversized windows which provide incredible 90 degree views, excellent reading lights, a closet, easy chair, and desk. Bathrooms are spacious with a large shower, separate toilet and sink area.
- 2016 departure dates are as follows: Jan 9, Jan 16, Jan 23, Jan 30, Feb 27, Mar 5, Mar 19, Mar 26, Apr 2, Apr 9, Apr 16, May 14, May 21, Jul 23, Jul 30, Aug 6, Aug 13, Aug 27, Sep 3, Sep 10, Sep 17, Oct 29, Nov 5, Nov 19, Nov 26, Dec 3
- Prices include seven (7) nights' accommodations aboard the Delfin II, (2) nights' accommodations at Wyndham Costa del Sol Lima Airport Hotel, meals, excursions, port charges, and service taxes.
- Expedition includes the services of Lindblad Expeditions’ Leader, naturalist staff, and expert guides.
- Air transportation, travel protection plan, and personal items such as alcoholic beverages are an additional fee.
- Discretionary tips to ship’s crew is not included.
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- The Delfin II is a 120-foot riverboat with 14 luxurious guest suites, all with expansive Amazon views. Of the 14 suites, four are master suites with 180-degree panoramic windows, and four suites can be interconnected to accommodate families. All the suites are air-conditioned and have private bathrooms. Common areas include a dining room, an observation deck, a sundeck, and an outdoor lounge. The ship’s chef serves fine cuisine made from local, sustainable products.
How It Works
Provide your preferred dates for the experience.
The luminary will confirm the schedule or ask for alternatives.
Have a wonderful time. We look forward to coordinating your next IfOnly experience.