The Santa Barbara Zoo is a leader in local animal conservation. In this exclusive tour, you’ll meet with some of the Zoo’s ambassadors, including the California condor.
Santa Barbara Zoo
Benefiting Santa Barbara Zoo
Animal Conservation and Endangered Species: Three Private Encounters
At the core of the Santa Barbara Zoo’s mission is conservation and animal welfare. In this private tour, with the help of the Zoo’s animal ambassadors, you’ll learn about the Zoo’s California condor conservation efforts while watching a condor feeding. This experience will also take you to an up-close encounter with the Channel Island fox, whose endangered status is a conservation success story – they were recently delisted! You’ll see these magnificent creatures up close when you visit the foxes during playtime. Another animal and the threats that it faces, which you’ll come to know, is the Western Pond turtle. See them at the Zoo and learn about their stories.
This tour will last approximately 90 minutes; and afterwards, you are invited to enjoy the Zoo’s other animal habitats at your leisure. A portion of this purchase will go towards the Santa Barbara Zoo’s conservation efforts.
- Private tour to meet with animal ambassadors of endangered species at the Santa Barbara Zoo
- 3 keeper talks with California condors, Channel Island foxes, and Western Pond turtles
- Package includes full-day zoo admission for all guests
- Experience must be scheduled at least 3 weeks in advance
- Though unlikely, there is a possibility of last-minute changes depending on zookeeper availability and animal health
- Please note the condor feeding may be too graphic for some guests; if you prefer the keeper talk without the feeding, please express that when scheduling this experience
- Close-toed shoes required; otherwise guests may not be allowed in some habitats
- Experience must be redeemed within 1 year of date purchased
- Please arrive at the Zoo 15 minutes before the tour begins
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works
Provide your preferred dates for the experience.
The luminary will confirm the schedule or ask for alternatives.
Have a wonderful time. We look forward to coordinating your next IfOnly experience.