All aboard! In this unique opportunity for young train hobbyists, the Santa Barbara Zoo invites you to help drive the first ride of the day. An official uniform is included.
Santa Barbara Zoo
Benefiting Santa Barbara Zoo
Be an Honorary Train Conductor at the Santa Barbara Zoo
The Santa Barbara Zoo is unlocking one of the coolest jobs at the Zoo for young train enthusiasts. For one special morning, your child, who will be provided a customized uniform, can have the opportunity to be the Zoo’s honorary conductor. Going well beyond imaginative play, they’ll have the chance to tour the train station, warm up the train, and help drive the first public ride of the day.
This is intended as a solo adventure for one child (ages 5+), however an additional parent or guardian can be accommodated for an additional fee. After your child’s morning shift, you can join enjoy a day at the Zoo. A portion of this purchase will go towards the Santa Barbara Zoo’s conservation efforts.
- Train conductor experience for a morning at the Santa Barbara Zoo
- Train conductor uniform is included and can be taken home as a souvenir
- Experience is for 1 child (ages 5+)
- This experience is recommended for children between the ages of 5 and 18
- Package includes full-day zoo admission for participating guests
- Experience must be scheduled at least 3 weeks in advance
- Closed-toe shoes required; otherwise guests may not be allowed in some habitats
- Experience must be redeemed within 1 year of date purchased
- Please arrive at the Zoo 15 minutes before the tour begins
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works
Provide your preferred dates for the experience.
The luminary will confirm the schedule or ask for alternatives.
Have a wonderful time. We look forward to coordinating your next IfOnly experience.