Experience the magical Isle of Islay in the comforts of a 5-star private Scottish lodge overlooking surrounding mountains and hill lochs. Explore the wonderful whiskey distilleries, stunning coastline, wildlife and fascinating history.
Benefiting Waterkeeper Alliance
Experience the Isle of Islay, Scotland's Stunning West Coast Whisky Isle
The Isle of Islay is the most southern of the Inner Hebrides, located off the west coast of Scotland. Aptly known as "The Queen of the Hebrides", it lies in the county of Argyll just southwest of the Island of Jura and 25 miles from the Irish coast. Kilnave provides a privileged few with a once in a lifetime opportunity to visit this stunning island in true style. Accommodation will be in an old traditional hunting lodge, recently refurbished to a 5-star standard with en-suite rooms to boot. Located on a private estate, guests are catered for by a team of in-house maids, a host and one of the island's finest chefs. Activities include gourmet beach picnics, high-speed rib boat excursions, private whiskey tours, country-sports, fishing, clay-pigeon shooting, wildlife tours, extreme 4x4 excursions, private beach dinners, horse riding, and much more. Kilnave will tailor all activities to the group and each trip varies from the other. The fertile seas and mountains provide some of the finest local ingredients. Guests are welcomed home each evening by a roaring fire and the sound of Scottish bagpipes to reflect on the adventures of the day gone by.
- Enjoy an adventure on the Isle of Islay, the most southern of the Inner Hebrides
- Stay at a 5-star refurbished hunting lodge and be catered to by in-house maids and one of the island's finest chefs
- Choose from boat excursions, seasonal hunting and fishing, lobster and crab fishing, scallop diving (professional), clay-pigeon shooting and rifle shooting
- Water sports include sailing, water skiing, and kayaking
- Private whiskey tours of local distilleries
- Enjoy gourmet beach picnics
- All activities tailored to the group
- Cost of alcohol not included in the price of this experience
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
- Excludes transport to and from Isle of Islay
- Excludes staff gratuities
How It Works
Provide your preferred dates for the experience.
The luminary will confirm the schedule or ask for alternatives.
Have a wonderful time. We look forward to coordinating your next IfOnly experience.