Benefiting Waterkeeper Alliance
Exclusive 1983 World’s Fair Walking Tour of Chicago
On this fun and insightful experience, you’ll venture into beautiful architectural spaces from the era. You will play a few thoughtfully designed games, like visual scavenger hunts. Along with guide commentary, your guide will show you photos and archival materials via shared iPads that illuminate this historic event of the 1893 World's Fair.
During the experience, you will eat a couple of light snacks and play a few educational games with prizes for the winning team. Plus, you can opt to get drinks (on you) as well.
With just intermittent walks outside, the 1893 World’s Fair Tour makes for a great walking tour in all seasons. This tour makes the World’s Fair’s lasting impact come to life.
- See colorful mosaics in a hotel built for the 1893 World’s Fair
- Explore the sweeping grand lobby of the Auditorium Building
- Ride one of the downtown’s last human-operated elevators
- Visit a secret building hidden in an alley
- See the Monadnock Building, a landmark early skyscraper
- Enjoy the opulent Chicago Athletic Association Hotel, once an exclusive men’s club
- Please note that the cost of alcohol is not included in the tour
- All guests must be 21 years of age or older to attend
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
- Price includes gratuity
- At the tour meeting spot, you are welcome you to get a drink at the bar before check-in
- To streamline the tour, you will order and pay for your second drink at check-in — $6 for beer, $8 for wine, includes gratuity
- At the third drink stop, you may independently purchase a beer, wine, or cocktail of your choice
How It Works
Provide your preferred dates for the experience.
The luminary will confirm the schedule or ask for alternatives.
Have a wonderful time. We look forward to coordinating your next IfOnly experience.