Have a memorable day at the zoo highlighted by this wondrous, up-close experience with the endangered red panda alongside a zookeeper.
The San Francisco Zoo
Benefiting San Francisco Zoological Society
Meet a Red Panda in a Zookeeper-Led Tour
It’s not everyday that you get to come face to face with a red panda. While its name suggests otherwise, the red panda is related more to the raccoon and skunk than the black-and-white giant panda. The SF Zoo has partnered with IfOnly to give you and your family a chance to meet this little-known, rarely seen endangered species.
In one of our most popular San Francisco activities, join the zookeeper to meet the red pandas at their habitat custom-designed by Discovery Channel's "Treehouse Masters." The 20 to 30 minute tour will give you a chance to ask questions and observe these fascinating animals and depending on their appetite, hand-feed them bamboo! Your tour includes complimentary admission for the rest of the day at this world-famous zoo nestled in nearly 100 acres by the Pacific Ocean. The Zoo features 2,000 animals, keeper talks, food venues, a historic carousel, and the “Little Puffer” train ride for the little ones.
All ages are welcome. This experience is a wonderful way to wake up curious young minds and to teach them the importance firsthand of Red Panda and other animal conservation efforts. Proceeds from your tour purchase support the San Francisco Zoo’s conservation education programs both at the Zoo and in the wild.
Photography by Marianne Hale
- Behind-the-scenes tour of the red pandas exhibit led by the zookeeper at the San Francisco Zoo
- Package includes full-day zoo admission for all guests, one parking pass, and one Adopt-an-Animal Red Panda Friend Level Package ($100 value)
- Adopt-an-Animal Red Panda Friend Level Package may be delivered via mail after the experience and includes the following: Certificate of Adoption
- Fun fact page
- Photograph of adoptive animal
- Adopt-an-Animal collector's bracelet
- Animal plush (If plush of adoptive animal is not available another animal will be substituted)
- Exact tour time will be scheduled according to the red panda's regular care schedule, but will likely take place in the morning
- While the tour is approximately 20 to 30 minutes, guests are welcome to stay and enjoy the zoo for the entire day
- Suitable for guests ages five and up. Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a participating adult
- Experience is subject to change based on weather and the discretion of the zookeepers
- All behind-the-scenes experiences are subject to change based on the health and welfare of the animals
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works