This spring, you’re invited to SF Zoo’s Penguin Fish School. Join zookeepers on a private, behind-the-scenes penguin training experience.
The San Francisco Zoo
Benefiting San Francisco Zoological Society
March of the Penguins: Private Baby Penguins Fish School Experience at the SF Zoo
Every spring Magellanic penguin chicks are taught by their keepers to eat fish, swim, and otherwise adapt to life in the biggest zoo Magellanic penguin colony in the world.
Welcome to Fish School at the San Francisco Zoo. Join the zookeeper for a private behind-the-scenes for these chicks and in the process, learn all about penguins in the wild and how they’re cared for at the Zoo. For your diligent work, you will also receive an invitation to the March of the Penguins, when the baby birds graduate from Fish School and make the trek back to the exhibit in July. Your amazing day with the penguins includes one annual family membership to the zoo, so you can check on your students any time you like.
Photography by Marianne Hale
- Meet the penguin zookeepers and help them train baby penguins to eat fish
- Package includes full-day zoo admission for all guests, one parking pass, one Basic Family Membership ($130 value), and one Adopt-an-Animal Penguin Friend Level Package ($100 value)
- Basic Family Membership Includes:
- Free SF Zoo admission for a year for up to two adults and three children
- One single-use guest pass and three single-use carousel tickets
- Special access to member-only events, including members’ mornings and exhibit previews
- Personalized membership card
- 10% discount at all SF Zoo shops, cafes, and carts
- Discounted admission to more than 100 zoos and aquariums nationwide
- Adopt-an-Animal Penguin Friend Level Package may be delivered via mail after the experience and includes the following:
- Certificate of Adoption
- Fun fact page
- Photograph of adoptive animal
- Adopt-an-Animal collector's bracelet
- Animal plush (If plush of adoptive animal is not available another animal will be substituted)
- Suitable for guests ages 12 and up. Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a participating adult
- This experience will take place in 2017 - exact date TBA
- This experience takes place rain or shine; every effort will be made to ensure your comfort
READ FINE PRINT
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works
Provide your preferred dates for the experience.
The luminary will confirm the schedule or ask for alternatives.
Have a wonderful time. We look forward to coordinating your next IfOnly experience.