This summer, you’re invited to the SF Zoo’s Penguin Fish School. Join zookeepers on a private, behind-the-scenes penguin experience to help socialize the chicks – limited spots available!
The San Francisco Zoo
Benefiting San Francisco Zoological Society
March of the Penguins: Private Baby Penguins Fish School Experience at the SF Zoo
Every year Magellanic penguin chicks are taught by their keepers to eat, fish, swim, and otherwise adapt to life in the biggest zoo Magellanic penguin colony in the world.
Welcome to Fish School at the San Francisco Zoo. Join the zookeeper behind-the-scenes to interact with the chicks and in the process, learn all about penguins in the wild and how they’re cared for at the Zoo. For your diligent work, you will also receive an invitation to the March of the Penguins, when the baby birds graduate from Fish School and make the trek back to the exhibit in July. Your amazing day with the penguins includes one annual Zoo Guardian Membership, so you can check on your students any time you like and receive invitations to exclusive Zoo events.
Photography by Marianne Hale
- Meet the penguin zookeepers and help them to socialize the baby penguins
- Guide will meet the guests in Entry Village at 10:20am and bring them over to the public penguin feeding at 10:30am
- Private penguin keeper talk at 11am
- “Fish school” begins 11:15am where guests will meet the baby birds for 30 minutes
- Available July 5th - July 28th 2017
- Package includes full-day zoo admission for all guests, one parking pass, one annual Zoo Guardian Keeper Membership ($1,000 value), and one Adopt-an-Animal Penguin Friend Level Package ($100 value)
- Zoo Guardian Keeper Membership Includes: VIP cards for two adults and children under 18 that provides free admission, parking, and SF Zoo rides for one year
- Invitations to special Guardian events, which can include behind-the-scenes exhibit tours
- Previews of new exhibits before they open to the public
- A 20% discount at all gift shops, cafes and snack carts at the SF Zoo
- Listing on the Zoo’s Donor Recognition Board
- Pre-registration for SF Zoo Camp and other popular education programs
- An annual reception with the Zoo Executive Director, offering up-to-date information about the “State of the Zoo” and future plans
- Two SF Zoo Fun Packs: tickets for admission, rides, and parking for Guardian guests
- Adopt-an-Animal Penguin Friend Level Package may be delivered via mail after the experience and includes the following:
- Certificate of Adoption
- Fun fact page
- Photograph of adoptive animal
- Adopt-an-Animal collector's bracelet
- Animal plush (If plush of adoptive animal is not available another animal will be substituted)
- Suitable for guests ages 12 and up. Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a participating adult
- Recommended attire for this interactive experience: closed-toe shoes and comfortable, washable clothes
- This experience takes place rain or shine; every effort will be made to ensure your comfort
- Guests may not post any photos on social media until after the March of the Penguins event at the end of July
READ FINE PRINT
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works
Provide your preferred dates for the experience.
The luminary will confirm the schedule or ask for alternatives.
Have a wonderful time. We look forward to coordinating your next IfOnly experience.