Ever dream of flying like a bird? Now you can make that dream come true. Tandem flights are the best way to learn how to hang glide.
Benefiting Lindblad-National Geographic (LEX-NG) Fund
Fly in a Tandem Hang Glider
Fly in a modern Hang glider that is built for two. No experience necessary. You'll fly along side a USHPA certified instructor.
You'll start with a 20 minute preflight instruction on the techniques necessary and what not to do is done before the flight. This is a same day event where the instructor manages the safety and you get to enjoy the amazing experience of soaring in a hang glider first hand. The instructor manages the takeoff and landing, but in the air, with the instructors supervision, you can take control and fly the glider.
Actual flight time will vary anywhere from 20 to 50 minutes. This is a weather dependent sport. Passenger must weigh less than 200 lbs.
- Fly in a hang glider built for two
- 20 minute preflight instruction
- Fly along side a USHPA certified instructor
- Passenger must weigh less than 200lb
- This is a weather dependent sport
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
- Must be able to understand and follow instruction
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You'll sign a release of liability waiver
- Be advised that tandem hang glider flights in the United States are conducted under an exemption granted by the FAA and the hang gliders, classified by the FAA as unpowered ultralight vehicles, do not meet aircraft certification standards set forth by the FAA
- Dusty flies in tandem under the FAA Exemption #4721N which applies only to flights for the purpose of giving instruction in two-place unpowered ultralight vehicles from USHPA- approved launch sites
How It Works
Provide your preferred dates for the experience.
The luminary will confirm the schedule or ask for alternatives.
Have a wonderful time. We look forward to coordinating your next IfOnly experience.