The San Francisco Zoo
Benefiting San Francisco Zoological Society
A Bug's Life: Behind the Scenes of the Insect Habitat with the Zoo's Insect Curator
Visitors will have the opportunity to hold a giant thorny stick insect, pet a hairy tarantula, and feed a black widow. Before and after the tour, enjoy viewing the more than 250 species of other animals, ride the Little Puffer Train and Carousel, or enjoy the themed play areas at the San Francisco Zoo.
Photography by Marianne Hale
- Behind-the-scenes experience with the San Francisco Zoo's insect curator
- Package includes full-day zoo admission for all guests and one parking pass
- While the tour is approximately 50 to 60 minutes, guests are welcome to stay and enjoy the zoo for the entire day
- Suitable for guests of all ages. Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a participating adult
- This experience takes place rain or shine; every effort will be made to ensure your comfort
- All behind-the-scenes experiences are subject to change based on the health and welfare of the animals
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works
Provide your preferred dates for the experience.
The luminary will confirm the schedule or ask for alternatives.
Have a wonderful time. We look forward to coordinating your next IfOnly experience.