Docent Tour and Chinatown Walking Tour
The docent and Chinatown Walking Tour will give visitors a historical , social, and cultural understanding of the development of San Francisco's Chinatown.... more less
The docent tour and the walking tour will provide visitors with a deeper understanding of the development of Chinatown. The tours are conducted in a participatory manner so that visitors will actively engage in a conversation about Chinatown. The focus will be to showcase the experiences of Chinese in America. Some of the topics that will be discussed will be the Opium War, the Gold Rush, the Chinese Exclusion Act, and Angel Island, as well as how the perception of Chinese changed in World War II.
The tour will provide the historical backdrop of the collective experience of Chinese in America. The Chinatown Walking Tour will explore 20 different places that are of social, cultural, and historical significance. The walking tour is designed to showcase the evolution of Chinatown, and by the end of the tour, visitors will be able to think about why this community was created and how this community will change in the future.
- The docent tour and the walking tour will provide visitors with a deeper understanding of the development of Chinatown
- There is a lot of walking — please wear comfortable shoes
- Both of the tours are done in a participatory manner so be prepared to talk
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works