You'll design and create a living miniature landscape with plants, mosses and minerals, and you'll build a real miniature house for your imagination to dwell in.
Laura Mae Noble
Benefiting Waterkeeper Alliance
Cloche Terrarium: Botanical Landscape with Mini Architecture
Do you enjoy nature? Is a tropical rainforest your paradise? Do you love the mossy, enchanted world of nature from legends or fairy tales?
Create your own living landscape inside a large cloche, or bell jar, terrarium. Using shapeable substrate, combined with the timeless resources of nature - plants, soil, sand, and minerals - to create a steep hillside with miniature trees, a rolling hill covered in lush mosses and leafy plants, or a slope with trailing vines and stones. The possibilities are many.
An experience of 2 hours includes building your own fantasy terrain, and a feature crystal or figurine, without the architectural "tour" and mini.
During the 3-hour experience, explore the history and design of nature-based architecture, like tree houses, earth ships, cliff homes, and Hobbit holes. You'll be inspired to build your own tiny home using simple materials, such as polymer clay, stone, and wood.
5-hour experiences include architectural minis, a customized local moss foraging walk, and field kits for foragers.
During this adventure in world-making, you will enjoy delicious bites, and you can BYOB to add to the soft beverages on hand. Create your world of living green, a real place for your imagination.
Travel Fee (in addition to experience price)
National (Greater than 134.30 miles from 60622): US$1,000
- Build a miniature house inspired by real and fantasy architecture
- Create a large cloche terrarium with lush, real plants
- Go home smiling with a living miniature landscape and tiny house of your dreams
- Eat, drink, be merry, and go home smiling with a living miniature landscape and tiny house that dreams are made of
- An experience of 2 hours includes building your own fantasy terrain, and a feature crystal or figurine, without the architectural "tour" and mini
- In a 3 hours explore the history and design of nature-based architecture, like tree houses, earth ships, cliff homes, and Hobbit holes
- 5-hour experiences include architectural minis, a customized local moss foraging walk, and field kits for foragers
- To include the architecture section please allow 3 hours
- This event is BYOB
- They provide delicious eats — let them know if you have any food restrictions
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
- For the deluxe 5 hour experience, you'll need shoes and clothes for a bit of outdoor exploring
- If this is a special occasion, they can customize — let them know how they can suit your needs
- Minor Mess Alert: This experience will involve using small amounts of soil — aprons will be available
How It Works
Provide your preferred dates and location for the experience.
The luminary will confirm the details, including schedule and location, or ask for alternatives.
Have a wonderful time. We look forward to coordinating your next IfOnly experience.