Benefiting Waterkeeper Alliance
Discovering the real LA Story: An Urban Hike
- Three-hour urban hike in LA, where you'll learn the history and true heart of El Pueblo de Los Angeles
- Visit several important Olvera Street museums showcasing the first residence of Los Pobladores in Los Angeles and the city's first outdoor mural by David Alfaro Siqueiros, Tropical America
- LA Metro/Public Transportation introduction
- Shop the Olvera Street Mexican Market
- Tour of Public Art and Historical Importance of Union Station
- Climb to the top of City Hall for a great view of historic and modern day downtown LA
- Get your feet wet in the Grand Park Fountain
- Grab a bite from the various food trucks parked in Gand Park
- Tour the LA Music Center, home to the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, Ahmanson Theater, Mark Taper Forum and Walt Disney Concert Hall
- Bend the day back to nature in one of Los Angeles newly developed native flora parks, Vista Hermosa
- Wear comfortable shoes for hiking around town and dress for the day's weather
- Explore the Department of Water and Power Building, "Designed by Albert C. Martin and Associates and completed in 1965, the seventeen-story Corporate International-style building rises from the center of an enormous reflecting pool punctuated by fountains."
- Prepaid Metro TAP cards (for bus and train fare) will be provided; it is recommended to bring along cash or card for the Olvera Street vendors and food trucks
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works
Provide your preferred dates for the experience.
The luminary will confirm the schedule or ask for alternatives.
Have a wonderful time. We look forward to coordinating your next IfOnly experience.