The ultimate, most advanced air combat simulation experience in existence, 'aerial dogfighting' inspired by a real US Air Force exercise, guaranteed to satisfy even the most hardened adrenaline junkies on the planet!
Sky Combat Ace
Benefiting Lindblad-National Geographic (LEX-NG) Fund
Engage in Aerial Dogfighting Inspired by US Air Force 'Red Flag' Exercise + Special Museum Access
Participants are divided into “Blue Air” versus “Red Air” teams and go head-to-head to see who will reign supreme in the skies over Las Vegas. The “Blue Air” team will be tasked to protect a “High Value Target” (HVT) and the the “Red Air” team will try to sneak past the “Blue Air” to put bombs on target. As the “Blue Air” orbits in a combat air patrol (CAP) over the HVT, an air-to-air war will ensue as you experience what is called a “live vul time”, where the war is constantly evolving. Since you won’t know where the enemy is coming from, participants will need to scan high and low to try and detect enemy aircraft before they roll in at your six o’clock!
You fly the plane as your instructor pilot guides you to the merge! The best part is all engagements are scored, so that the results are rank ordered to find out who is truly the Best of the Best! After you have gotten your fill of air-to-air supremacy, try your hand at advanced aerobatics, including hammerheads, tail slides, spins and lomcevaks.
This truly one-of-a-kind midair experience is guaranteed to be the thrilling memory of a lifetime.
- Inspired by the 'Red Flag' exercise that historically takes place at Southern Nevada's own Nellis Air Force Base
- Take control of the world's most advanced certified aerobatic airplane, the Extra 330LC, with no experience necessary
- Complimentary transportation to and from the Las Vegas Strip
- Experience is three hours in total door-to-door from pickup location - actual flying time is approximately 45 minutes
- Special for IfOnly guests, receive exclusive access to the Sky Combat Ace Fighter Pilot Museum which features a century of history on fighter planes, documentation of the top aces in fighter pilot history, and various other pieces of unique memorabilia
- Receive a $20 credit to the gift shop, where you can get an item to commemorate your experience, such as a t-shirt, hat, or patch
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
- Individual weight restrictions: between 80 lbs (36 kg) & 265 lbs (120 kg)
- Individual height restrictions: no taller than 6’6″ (201 cm)
- Shoes and socks required -- warm jackets recommended in Winter
- For safety, you should be in good health and free from high blood pressure, heart, back or neck problems, motion sickness, or other conditions that could be aggravated by this adventure -- not suitable for expectant mothers
How It Works
Provide your preferred dates and location for the experience.
The luminary will confirm the details, including schedule and location, or ask for alternatives.
Have a wonderful time. We look forward to coordinating your next IfOnly experience.