Fresh Fruit Painting with a Professional Artist
Come practice the time honored tradition of still life painting and capture an arrangement of fresh fruit in oils.... more less
Patrick Bettag is a Bay Area artist with a background in illustration and classical academic painting methods. He is an engaging teacher who runs weekly classes. This is a great opportunity to have some extra instruction tailored specifically to the needs of the individual.
As a general format, you will begin by setting up and lighting a compelling still life while talking about any specific goals the student(s) wish to focus on.
The painting itself will begin with a sketching and block-in phase where you and Patrick will address proportion, structure and composition. As the painting progresses, you will go over the principles that help create strong compelling images such as value control, color theory, edges, light decay and turning form as well as how to handle different surface qualities such as texture and specularity.
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn artistic techniques in a private setting and create a beautiful work of art to take home!
- Private art lesson for up to two guests
- No previous painting experience required
- All materials will be provided
- 30 minute break for lunch as needed
- You will be creating a single Alla Prima painting over the course of the day
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
- Price includes gratuity
How It Works