Create DIY Letterpress Posters
This is a fun opportunity for people new to letterpress printing to create a collaborative poster or broadside, while experimenting with a centuries old process.... more less
Letterpress printing has been making quite an impression since about 1440 when Gutenberg invented movable type. While it began as a commercial process, today artists, designers, typographers and illustrators are continually finding new ways to approach the art form.
Through this workshop, participants will jump in browsing Spudnik’s unique collection of wood type and ornaments to produce an abstract, collaborative poster or broadside. In addition to setting type, students will learn about the technical considerations and creative approaches to letterpress printing from our expert teaching artist. They will also learn how to lock-up type, set pressure, mix and modify ink and safely operate our Vandercook presses.
- Create an abstract, collaborative poster or broadside using letterpress printing techniques
- Students will leave with their own letterpress poster
- This hands-on workshop encourages participants to work collaboratively and customize the project by choosing the wood type, placement, and ink color for their design
- All supplies, materials and equipment are provided for this workshop
- Wear comfortable clothes that you don't mind getting a little ink on and closed toe shoes
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works