Global Tour of the Metropolitan Museum with an Art Historian
This is a whirlwind adventure through time and space! You’ll get to examine ancient Egyptian tombs, meditate in a Moroccan courtyard, explore nature with Frank Lloyd Wright, and see the power of an Assyrian king.... more less
Though situated in Manhattan, the Metropolitan Museum offers a truly global perspective. Over the course of two hours, you will discover an ancient Egyptian tomb and temple, a stunning Moroccan courtyard full of hand-cut tiles and stucco, an Assyrian palace (from present-day Iraq), an Italian Renaissance Studiolio, and a living room designed by American architect, Frank Lloyd Wright.
The MET has long been committed to faithfully recreating or installing architecture from far-flung locales inside its walls. These exotic spaces effectively transport you to another time and place, and many of them are hidden deep in the recesses of the Museum's maze-like floor plan. You'll finish this whirlwind, behind-the-scenes tour with a drink and snack in the exclusive Member's Balcony Lounge at the Museum.
- Art historian-led tour of The MET with exclusive access to the Member's Balcony Lounge
- Learn about art and architecture from around the world
- Explore hidden spaces within the museum
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works