Learn the Art of Sketching at the Frick Museum with a Professional Artist
All levels of experience are welcome. Maria’s workshops will provide drawing instruction focusing on the basics, such as expressive mark-making, line quality, composition, linear perspective, proportion, value (shades of gray), light and shadow, which will be reviewed and reinforced during class.
Sketchbook drawing is an art unto itself requiring skills that can be taught; like how to hold the sketchbook, how to use the "basic unit" and how to perform "sighting" while sketching. The museum's galleries offer ample choices for burgeoning artists to sharpen their talents and all will walk away from this lesson with new skills, tips, and tricks.
Leave this experience with new skills and confidence to begin creating anything you like.
- Private drawing lesson with a professional artist at Frick Museum of Art in New York City
- Learn basic drawing tips and practice, using the artwork in the Frick as inspiration
- Staedtler Drawing Pencil, Strathmore Sketchbook provided, but guests may bring your own if you have a favorite
- All levels welcome
- Museum admission included
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works