Finding modern art challenging and a visit to the SFMOMA overwhelming? Book a guided tour to the SFMOMA with art historian Tatiana Mateus to enhance your museum visit.... more less
Visit the SFMOMA with an Art Historian
Visiting the recently re-opened SFMOMA, with its seven floors of Modern and Contemporary Art, can be overwhelming. Art historian Tatiana Mateus will help you navigate the museum on a personalized and guided tour that will greatly enhance your museum visit. Tatiana holds an M.A. in Modern and Contemporary Art History from New York’s acclaimed Christie’s Education, and is a USPAP-compliant art appraiser. Tatiana’s extensive expertise will maximize your experience. You can choose to have her focus on one of the following three options:
1. Introduction to modern art — Get an overview of how art has evolved, from the invention of photography to the drip paintings of Jackson Pollock.
2. Art after abstract expressionism: the rise of pop art and minimalism — This tour will focus on important pop and minimalist artists such as Andy Warhol, Roy Lichtenstein, Dan Flavin, Donald Judd, Carl Andre, Sol LeWitt and others.
3. Ten artists that changed art history — Learn how works from Pablo Picasso, Marcel Duchamp, Jackson Pollock, Andy Warhol and others have changed the path of art history.
- Choose from three themes for the focus of your visit
- 1.5 hour tour of SFMOMA
- Experience price does not include the entry fee to the museum
- This experience must be booked at least one week in advance, and is subject to availability
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works