Learn to make your very own glass paperweights in this introductory course. With the help of skilled artists you will create your very own glass treasure while learning about the history and science of glass.
Diablo Glass School
Benefiting Meals On Wheels of San Francisco
The glass paperweight is the first step for anyone interested in working with hot glass. This introductory class guides the first-time glass artist through the most crucial skills. In a fun and informative manner, our experienced instructors will introduce you to tools, safety and basic glass theory. You will learn how to gather glass from the furnace, then how to shape and control it, and how to apply color to the glass. Every student will leave with a gorgeous handmade paperweight and a strong foundation for future exploration.
- Fun for the whole family
- Learn how to apply colors
- Interactive experience
- No experience necessary
- Take home a colorful glass paperweight you helped to create
read fine print
- This experience is non-refundable once purchased
- Please wear only all natural fibers to this class such as cotton or wool — synthetic fibers melt
- Only closed toed shoes are allowed in the studio — heels are not reccomended. If you are surprising someone with this course please let them know about the studio's dress code
- Bringing a reuseable waterbottle to this class is highly recommended