Whether you are just looking for a weekend activity, or you are a glass enthusiast, this two-day course is a great introduction to the art of glass.
Diablo Glass School
Benefiting Meals On Wheels of San Francisco
Glassblowing 101: Make Your Own Drinking Glass Two-Day Course
This two-day introduction to glassblowing will guide the first time student and students looking to brush up on their skills, through the fundamentals of gathering glass from the furnace, vocabulary, tools, and safety. You will start with Diablo's core exercises: the paperweight. Then the class will be introduced to the blown bubble through a series of demonstrations and hands-on exercises. Students will then apply the color and blowing techniques learned to create their very own colorful drinking glass. This two-day course runs 9am-1pm Saturdays and the following Sunday.
- Skilled artists guide you through the process ensuring a safe working environment
- Learn the foundation that will allow you to enroll in more advanced classes
- Walk away with your very own glass art including a paperweight and drinking glass
- The price of this experience inlcudes the two-day session that runs 9am-1pm Saturday and the following Sunday during the same hours
read fine print
- This experience is non-refundable once purchased
- Only closed toed shoes in the studio. If you are surprising someone with this course please warn them about the studio's dress code
- Please wear only natural fibers like cotton or wool to this course — synthetic fibers melt
- Bringing a reusable water bottle to the studio is highly recommended