Behind-the-Scenes Gallery Tour of the Hollows by Curator Piril Gündüz
Join curator Piril Gündüz on a tour of Electrique, an astonishing exhibition featuring 40 light, mechanical, and sound artworks installed throughout five floors and in the backyard of The Hollows Townhouse.... more less
IfOnly invites you to visit The Hollows, a townhouse turned multimedia art gallery in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. You will tour The Hollows’ current show, Electrique, a 40-piece group exhibition installed in 16 galleries throughout five floors, the front and back facades, and the backyard of the new artspace. Electrique includes light, mechanical, and sound works, all of which come alive with electricity. Works include Portal by Randy Polumbo, a telephone booth in which phallus-shaped molten glass lights are nested in a floral arrangement; Scrape, an encompassing site-responsive light and tulle installation by Christine Sciulli; and Cathy McClure’s Bots series, a tragic yet morbidly comical exploration of the casualties of planned obsolesce and overproduction, composed of the twitching, mechanical guts of discarded plush toys.
A private guided tour by curator Piril Gündüz includes behind-the-scenes access to The Hollows Artspace, a demonstration of secondary light effects the pieces produce, and stories from the studio visits.
- Private guided tour of Electrique by curator Piril Gündüz
- Behind-the-scenes access to The Hollows Artspace
- Demonstration of secondary light effects the pieces produce
- Exhibition takes place between 9-11 p.m. on weekdays and 2-8 p.m. and 9-11 p.m. on weekends
- Located on Bedford Ave between N8th and N9th streets
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works