Art in Person: a Fun, Unique Introduction to Viewing, Curating, Collecting, and the Gallery Scene
Owner and curator Dan Addington has over 20 years of experience in the gallery world working with artists, art lovers, and collectors from all walks of life. In addition to his roles as the gallery owner and professional artist, Dan has curated shows around the country and taught workshops in many colleges and universities. Dan's approach is conversational — he is easy to talk to, and open to all your questions.
In this activity, Dan will share his experiences with you and familiarize you with the roles of artist, curator, and collector. You will walk with Dan through the gallery and learn about the current artists on view and their techniques. He will tell you about the history of the River North Gallery district, one of the largest and most important gallery districts in the country. He will share ideas and tools that you will carry with you in the future as you view art in museums and galleries around the world.
- Enjoy a behind-the-scenes tour of a leading Chicago gallery
- Ask candid questions about the art world
- Learn key approaches to art appreciation
- Discuss key strategies to collecting art
- Learn about the life of a work of art from creation to collection
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works