Create Your Own Fiber Art: Private Weaving Workshop
This beginning weaving workshop will get you started on your fiber art adventure. Learn to weave and take home your very own wall hanging.... more less
In this intimate workshop, you will learn how to warp your loom and get started with a few basic stitches of woven tapestry, including plain weave, soumak and fringe. You'll explore how to showcase your own unique style within your woven work by creating shapes and incorporating alternative materials such as denim, leather and wool roving to create diverse textures in your tapestry.
As part of the course, you'll receive a small handmade wooden loom and tools, along with enough fiber and other materials to create your own woven wall hanging. You'll take away the skills and tools to create many more tapestries at home. Afterward, you'll share coffee with your teacher to discuss your new skills and cover any lingering questions.
- Learn the basics of weaving from warping your loom to finishing technique
- Each participant receives their own handmade wooden frame loom and tools
- Choose from a beautiful bounty of interesting and colorful fibers and materials to create a wall hanging that is indicative of your own style
- This private class guarantees the hands-on attention of a seasoned weaving teacher
- Share coffee with the teacher to discuss your new skills and cover any lingering questions
- Experience provided in English (US)
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
- This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works