Create Your Own Blank Notebook by Hand
Learn how to create your own handmade notebook to fill in with your own notes, journal entries or drawings. Taught by bookbinding expert Andrew Rottner.... more less
Rediscover the historic art of bookbinding and make your own elegant notebook or journal by hand. At the end of this four-hour class led by bookbinding expert and Bay Area book artist Andrew Rottner (founder of Super Classy Publishing), you will have made your own elegant blank book by hand, which you can then fill with notes, journal entries and drawings.
Students will work from a template created by the instructor, and will be provided with materials such as paper and book cloth selected by the instructor and curated for the group. Images above are provided as examples only, materials and book dimensions will vary from class to class.
- Choose your setting - this class can take place at any location, provided there is adequate room for all students, tables for working at, and sufficient lighting
- Instructor will travel to a location of your choosing in San Francisco, Berkeley or Oakland
- All materials provided
- Students will work from pre-cut pieces prepared by the instructor, including paper and a selection of book cloth for creating the covers for each book
- Leave the class with a book made by you
- Having a handmade notebook to keep your thoughts, notes, journal entries and drawings can feel like a breath of fresh air: an antidote to our (at times) all too digital lives
- Simple-to-learn techniques. In just one class, you'll learn about folding and sewing paper, cover making, and how to put it all together
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works