A bold Fougere reminiscent of the California coast.
Benefiting The Adventure Project
Foret De La Mer Natural Perfume from Perfumer Julianne Zaleta
Fougere's have been a passion of Julianne's for the past couple of years and the last time she was in California she was inspired to create one based on the expansive coastline rimmed with forests. This is a bolder and more voluptuous fragrance than she normally creates but she was so moved by the drama of the natural surroundings that she wanted to try to capture it in a bottle. Julianne became haunted by the smoky, maritime essence of Choya Nakh, a destructive distillation of roasted seashells, and was compelled to use it in the base which gave it a masculine feel. The result, Foret de la Mer (Forest of the Sea) is a mossy, maritime fragrance with luscious florals and fresh citruses.
The traditional Fougere ingredients, tonka, and oakmoss, sit at the bottom with ambrette seed and Choya Nakh. Champaca absolute and orange blossom concrete mingle with French lavender absolute to create a sumptuous floral heart. Wild lavender essential oil blends beautifully with bergamot and wild sweet orange to greet the nose with a tangy floral welcome.
Allow 4 days to ship
- This 15ml perfume comes beautifully packaged in a brown velvet envelope in a gold box with a mulberry paper millinery flower nestled inside
- The flower is your keepsake, along with the lingering fragrance
- Top notes include bergamot, wild sweet orange, wild lavender leaf
- Heart notes include champaca absolute, orange blossom concrete, lavender absolute
- Base notes include tonka bean, oakmoss, ambrette, choya nak
read fine print
- Item is sold "as is"
- Please be aware that natural perfume, and most especially colognes, are not known for their longevity
- The pH factor of your skin also plays a role, not only in how the fragrance smells on you but in how long it lasts
- Please note that the shipping materials are often reused or recycled — they may not be beautiful but they reduce waste, which is a beautiful thing
- Julianne strives to find the balance between beauty and lasting ability when choosing her materials but if you are more familiar with commercial perfumes, made out of synthetic fragrance molecules, you might find them delicate
- Due to the nature of botanical perfumes and colognes, extracts, et al., Julianne is not able to accept returns or provide refunds on any products