Have you always wanted your very own set of dishes, designed with elements that represent you? That is what this session in the studio is all about: beautiful, unique, handmade dishes made with you in mind.
Hand Of Destiny
Benefiting The Adventure Project
Custom Ceramic Dinnerware Set and In-Studio Pottery Class
Have you always wanted your very own set of dishes, designed with elements that represent you? That is what this session in the studio is all about: beautiful, unique, handmade dishes made with you mind. Destiny will work with you to create the dinnerware or home accent pieces that you have in mind. Guests are encouraged to get on the wheel and follow along in a throwing or hand-building session. Once on the wheel you will learn the basics of throwing — centering your clay on wheel, forming mini cones, mounding discs, dropping a well, and opening up your clay form to the final pulling up of the clay. Bring in doodles or bookmark your favorite pins for ideas. After going over the specs, you can get started with wet clay. All your work in class and pieces custom made for you will be made from high-fire clay which is great for dinnerware. Your pieces will be bisque-fired once and then glaze fired. Pieces are microwave- and dishwasher-safe, although hand washing is recommended.
- Pottery class that teaches the basic of throwing clay on a pottery wheel - all you're paying for are the pieces that you choose to have done by Destiny
- Learn how to center your clay on the wheel
- Learn about coning
- Learn how to create a basic disc mound
- Learn how to drop a well, opening a vessel and pulling the vessel up
- You can choose up to four pieces to make in class
- Choose from a classic 4-piece set, premium 6-piece set, or a deluxe 8-piece set
- Allow 15 days for processing of your pieces
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works
Provide your preferred dates for the experience.
The luminary will confirm the schedule or ask for alternatives.
Have a wonderful time. We look forward to coordinating your next IfOnly experience.