Receive an education in the ancient tradition of Mexican mask-making. Renowned Bay Area fine artist Diego Marcial Rio is making house visits and will work with you on creating your own at a venue of your choice.
Diego Marcial Rios
Benefiting American Red Cross Gold Country Region
Private One-on-One Lesson: Create A Mexican Mask with an Esteemed Folk Artist
Simply viewing Diego Marcial Rios’ intricately painted masks is an exceptional experience. Imagine creating one with him. In this experience, Diego will come to your home or venue of choice and you’ll spend two insight-filled hours with the artist, working one on one. Begin with an introduction to the history of papier-mâché and the type of mask you’ll be creating. Then you’ll spend about 110 minutes working with the master mask maker, whose work channels Aztec and Mayan cultures. Choose between two styles, Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) or Sacred Heart. And Diego will be there with you every step of the way. When you’re finished, he’ll give you a signed certificate and photos of yourself and him, together — proof to your friends you really collaborated with an esteemed artist.
- Private, one-on-one traditional mask-making lesson taught by Diego Marcial Rios at a venue of your choice within a 50-mile radius of Fremont
- This experience is for 1 guest
- Diego will provide supplies and tools for the class
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works