Come explore the artist's life while designing and creating your very own hand sawn, sterling silver or brass icon necklace.
Benefiting The Adventure Project
Create One-of-a-Kind, Hand Sawn Necklace with San Francisco Based Metal Artist
In this two-hour experience, San Francisco-based artist and maker Krista Gambrel will show you the tricks of the jewelry trade by guiding you through the process of making a custom icon necklace with sheet metal.
Take a step-by-step approach by choosing a template to cut out of sheet metal. Learn the technique of using the jeweler's saw while hand cutting your template to be placed as the highlight of your personalized necklace. You will learn how to use different filing tools and finishing techniques to get your piece to a matte or high shine. Once your icon is ready, you will piece the rest of the necklace together with hand tools and jump rings, and custom fit your necklace to wear out or package up as a gift for a loved one.
- Work through the design process to create a template
- Prepare your work and work station for using a jeweler's saw
- Finish your icon element by cleaning up the edges using jeweler's files and various abrassives such as sand paper and buffing cloth to get your desired shine
- Learn about the various tools needed to start creating custom shapes from sheet metal
- Start cutting out your icon out of sheet metal such as sterling silver, brass, or copper
- Design, measure, and cut your necklace chain to fit your desired length and set up jump rings and clasp to finish your work
- Put your new creation on and wear it out or box it up as a gift for your loved one
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works