This intro workshop explores the art of Modern Calligraphy. In this three and a half hour class, you'll go over basic strokes, drills, and each letter of the alphabet.
Benefiting The Adventure Project
Get Started with Pointed Pen Calligraphy Part One
This intro workshop explores the art of Modern Calligraphy. Modern calligraphy derives from letter forms and structures of formal scripts i.e. Copperplate consisting of thin strokes, thick strokes, and ovals.
All supplies will be provided and for you to keep. You will work largely on the foundations of calligraphy which consists of holding the pen, drills, angles and basic strokes. Then you'll be taught the lowercase alphabet and construct the letters together.
By the end of the course, you'll have developed the foundation you'll need to continue with pointed pen calligraphy after the course.
- Three and a half hours of hands on instruction in copperplate calligraphy
- You will go over the lowercase alphabet and construct the letters
- Snacks and refreshments provided
- You'll receive the intro to calligraphy starter kit, including a pencil, penholder, nib, Sumi ink, and a calligraphy guide with graph paper practice sheet
- Feel free to bring if you have any nibs, ink, or paper at home you want to try out or have a question about
read fine print