Making A Hat
Benefiting First Book
Custom Hat Making Experience at D Bar J Hat Company
- Overview and tour of the hat shop
- Measure and take the shape of heads — tool from 1860
- Touch and learn about fur felt bodies used to make hats
- See 100’s of hat blocks for various styles of hats — most 150 years old
- See how a sweatband and binding are sewn to the hat
- Try creasing a hat
- Steam the body with the steam pot — circa 1920
- Put the body with the block into the blocking machine — 1860
- Crown Iron the hat body — 1919-1942
- Operate the brim press to flatten the brim — 1952
- Cut the brim with a brim cutter — circa 1940
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
- Price includes gratuity
How It Works
Provide your preferred dates for the experience.
The luminary will confirm the schedule or ask for alternatives.
Have a wonderful time. We look forward to coordinating your next IfOnly experience.