Hand Paint a Silk Scarf
Joyita will share with you her unique ways of stretching silk, then painting with gutta resist and dyes. You will learn how to make the dyes permanent. Silk painting is a meditation and a calm restoration of the mind and soul. Seeing the dyes mix and create new colors is a fascinating experience that she enjoyed and is so happy to share with all of you.
No prior experience or artistic ability is needed to do this class. Stretcher frames, dyes, brushes, silk scarves, design ideas will be provided. If the scarf does not dry on time, Joyita will ship it to you the next day.
This is a great experience for birthdays, bridal showers, and team building events. Bring yourself, some giggles and have fun silk painting.
- Learn a brief history of silk painting and then paint your own, no experience necessary
- Draw on the silk
- Learn to stretch the silk scarf
- Apply gutta resist
- Paint with silk dyes
- Look through Joyita's art wear while waiting for scarf to dry
- If scarf does not dry on time, Joyita will ship it to you next business day at no additional cost
- Experience provided in English (US)
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
- This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
- Price includes gratuity
How It Works