Make vodka or gin by running a 250-gallon pot still with The Spirit Guild's head distiller, Morgan McLachlan, and be treated to an inside look at the workings of a craft distillery.
Benefiting The Edible Schoolyard Project
Create a Craft Spirit with The Spirit Guild's Head Distiller Morgan McLachlan
Morgan McLachlan, the head distiller at The Spirit Guild, transforms locally-grown fruit into a variety of fine spirits. Watch the magic unfold firsthand as she fires up a bespoke 250-gallon copper pot still and uses her science and judgment to make the right "cuts", separating the new spirit's "hearts" from its "heads" and "tails". Yes, tasting is an important part of the process. In addition, you'll get to take home a bottle of your choice.
A distillation takes time. For those who want to experience all of the shifts in flavor over the course of a run, it is recommended that you sign up for a full 8 hours.
- Witness firsthand the operation of a 250-gallon Carl still with a six-plate side column
- Learn the tools to analyze and optimize still output
- Refine your palate to better perform the sensory analysis required for the production of fine craft spirits
- Take home a bottle of your choice
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works
Provide your preferred dates for the experience.
The luminary will confirm the schedule or ask for alternatives.
Have a wonderful time. We look forward to coordinating your next IfOnly experience.