Intimate, Private Food and Wine Tour Through the Heart of Wine Country
Just north of the San Francisco Bay lies the agricultural wonder of wine country. Explore Marin, Napa, and Sonoma counties on this one-day tour lead by a guide with over 20 years’ experience.... more less
During this one day tour you will enjoy the wonderful agricultural variety that lies just north of San Francisco Bay. This tour includes visits to the cheese creameries, bee nurseries, lunch at the oyster farm store, and two or three visits to the wineries. Tourlimo reserves the right to make some changes and replacements to the route if some farms or wineries are closed. They guarantee the total length of the tour and lots of fun.
A sample itinieraty may include the following stops:
First stop, Marin French Cheese Factory, the longest continually operating cheese company in America. Enjoy a free tasting of about ten different French style cheeses like Brie and Camembert. They're open seven days a week.
Your next stop will be Heidrun Meadery where you'll sip their trademark Champagne style mead. You will learn how bees make honey, how different types of honey are purchased from different parts of the world in addition to the local honey, and how the mead, alcoholic beverage from honey is produced. Different honey creates different tastes of mead. And the final stage, creating sparkling mead with Methode Champenoise Traditionelle. They are the only place in the world to do that. They're closed tuesday and there's an additional cost of $25 for the tour and tasting.
Just one mile from the meadery is Cowgirl Creamery. There the cheesemongers behind the counter will help you find, taste, pair, and purchase delicious cheeses. Take a tour of the restored haybarn or get a bite at the Cantina. They're open Wednesday through Sunday
Next, you will venture to the foggy coast of Tomales Bay along Highway 1 to enjoy fresh-out-of-the-water Oysters from the legendary Marshall Store. The Marshall Store has been recognized as one of the 30 best seafood restaurants in the country by US Travel and Pleasure Magazine. This seafood shanty with makeshift tables overlooking Tomales Bay is the place for the area’s famous oysters. Start your meal with a bowl of famous Clam chowder, then pair your oysters with crisp white wine, add salmon and trout smoked just outside and enjoy views of bobbing boats. An average lunch with wine costs about $30 and you can make this stop seven days a week.
Then, you'll head back to the warmth of the Inland to taste the produce that grows upon the famous grounds of Kozlowski Farms. Plentiful fruit orchards and berry farms provide dozens of tasty novelties ranging from jams and preserves to sauces and dressings. They're also open seven days a week.
You will spend the remainder of the day visiting wineries. If you have specific ones you'd like to see, you are welcome to choose. Otherwise sit back, enjoy, and your trusted guide will share some of his favorites along the way.
Travel Fee (in addition to experience price)
Regional (Between 15 and 60 miles outside of 94121): $50
- Tour includes visits to creameries, oyster store, and wineries
- Stop at the Marin French Cheese Factory, the longest continually operating cheese company in America
- Sip Champagne style mead at Heidrun Meadery
- Explore the famous Marshall Oyster Store on HWY 1 on narrow and channel-like Tomales bay
- Visit Kozlowski Farms who produce a wide variety of goods including BBQ, steak and seafood sauces, jams, jellies, mustards sweet and hot, spreads, and pies, to name only a few. Price of food not included in
- Visit 1-2 wineries choosing from the Honig Winery, Domaine Carneros, Jacuzzi Winery and Olive press, or Cline Cellars
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
- Cost of alcohol is not included in this experience
- Some wineries charge fees for tasting
- Does not include the cost of food or drinks
- Tourlimo, LLC is not affiliated with any company featured in this listing
- Ideal pick up time to start the tour is between 8 - 9 am
How It Works