You are invited to explore New York’s dive bar scene with two bartenders who will show you where the best spots are for cheap drinks and good times.
Benefiting The Edible Schoolyard Project
East Village Dive Bar History Tour
Take a guided nighttime walking tour with veteran bartenders to learn the history of Big Apple drinking establishments and where the best secret spots are today.
Learn the ways of dive bar culture. You’ll come away with knowledge about the best local hops, top mixed drinks, and how bartenders can make a saloon come alive. The dive bar is a welcoming oasis of good fun. As Toby Keith sings, “I love this bar, It’s my kind of place, Just walkin’ through the front door, Puts a big smile on my face.”
This tour is limited to 12 attendees, which means you’ll get more attention from the guides. It’s the ideal way to discover and learn about the city’s dive bar culture. There is something for everyone, from locals to visitors. Drinks are not included in the price of the ticket.
- 2.5 hour evening bar walking tour in the East Village
- Visit establishments that have been open since before you were born
- Learn from bartenders the behind-the-scenes ways of bars
- Pickup tips on bartending and making drinks fast
- Explore one of Manhattan’s most exciting neighborhoods
- Take photos inside and outside of tour spots
- Small group limited to 12 ensures personal attention
- Discover the secret dive bars and saloons in the city
- Learn about the East Village’s colorful history, from the Beat poets to the Ramones
read fine print
- This experience is non-refundable once purchased
- Minimum age is 21 years, government photo ID required
- Dress code is casual
- Attendees should be comfortable with salty language
- This tour promotes responsible drinking. In line with venue requirements of responsible service of alcohol, it is the venue’s right to request intoxicated guests to leave, and our guides cannot stop such decisions