Beer Tasting and Pairing with Food & Wine Writer and Certified Cicerone Ethan Fixell
Renowned beer writer and Certified Cicerone Ethan Fixell leads a guided tasting tour and pairing of food and beer — ranging from clean, crisp lagers to big, boozy imperial stouts.... more less
Take an American craft beer tour with Ethan Fixell, writer for Food & Wine, Men's Journal, Vanity Fair, Salon, and many other national publications. Fixell, a former full-time comedian, turned to writing about beer, wine, and spirits after touring took him all over the world for nearly eight years. Now he is a Certified Cicerone who educates students in New York City at Astor Center, the Institute of Culinary Education, and many other institutions throughout the U.S.
In this two-hour guided tasting, you'll learn about beer production and the differences between major styles. Most importantly, you will discover how to properly pair these brews with a various array of delicious gourmet foods.
Having visited over 200 breweries in the United States, Fixell will not only explore flavor profiles — he can give special insight to each brand's story from a personal perspective.
Travel Fee (in addition to experience price)
National (Greater than 30.90 miles from 10016): $800
- Pricing is $300 for the first two people, and $50 for each additional person
- Guided nosing and tasting of 6 different beer styles with food pairings
- Paired foods included — featuring Eli Zabar's bread, Murray's Cheese, Jacques Torres Chocolate and more
- Tastings will include:
- German Pilsner
- American Pale Ale
- India Pale Ale, also known as IPA
- Brown Ale / Mild or Bitter / Brown Porter
- Sour (e.g. American wild ale, Lambic, Gose, Flemish Red, etc.)
- Imperial Stout
- Customers are responsible for purchasing the beers listed. Substitutions (by request) are permitted
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
- Price includes gratuity
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works