Enjoy a fun cooking experience with Italian pastry chef expert, Maria Capdevielle. Learn how to prepare, bake, and of course eat this crusty yet pillowy Italian favorite.
Benefiting Meals on Wheels of America
At-Home Focaccia Workshop with Italian Pastry Chef and Cookbook Author Maria Capdevielle
In this Italian culinary adventure, pastry chef expert Maria Capdevielle will teach you how to make the perfect focaccia dough from scratch. Using seasonal ingredients, guests will have the chance to shape, garnish, bake and enjoy three different varieties of focaccias. Since olive oil is such an important ingredient to this beloved Italian bread, the experience will include a tasting of some of Maria's favorite local extra-virgin olive oil to pair with the bread. You will also receive a copy of her cookbook, The Secrets of Baking with Olive Oil.
- Learn the Italian way of artisanal bread-making from a pastry chef expert
- Shape and create three different focaccias using fresh and seasonal ingredients
- Learn about extra-virgin olive oil quality, purchasing and preservation
- Taste the different focaccias and pair them with some of the best local extra-virgin olive oils
- Take Maria's cookbook home, The Secrets of Baking with Olive Oil
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works
Provide your preferred dates and location for the experience.
The luminary will confirm the details, including schedule and location, or ask for alternatives.
Have a wonderful time. We look forward to coordinating your next IfOnly experience.