Full Immigrant Experience Private Tour
Explore the legacy of New York's immigrants through their food and beer on this epic tour, and visit two classic immigrant neighborhoods, the Lower East Side and Williamsburg.... more less
Make the most of NYC. This tour combines two of New York City Urban Adventures' most popular experiences, the Tenements, Tales, and Tastes tour and our Brewed in Brooklyn tour, into one epic all-day adventure. Toast your way through the past and present of beer brewing in Brooklyn. Once home to 48 breweries, this ancient trade disappeared from the borough in the 1970s, only to be reborn in recent years with craft breweries leading the way.
If you want a taste, quite literally, of the history behind beer brewing in New York, look no further. On this NYC beer tour, you'll take a behind-the-scenes local look at how beer is made at one of Brooklyn's present-day breweries. Explore the pre-prohibition era as you check out 19th-century brewery buildings, visit a landmarked building and hear stories of the German immigrants who lived and worked in the neighborhood.
And don’t forget all the craft beer and food along the way! You'll enjoy a number of great Brooklyn brews from a variety of spots, and stop off at a local pizza joint for lunch. Come along and raise a glass to the history and masters of beer.
- Stroll through New York's unique cultural historic sites in the Lower East Side, Chinatown, Little Italy and Williamsburg with New York City Urban Adventures
- Get a glimpse into New York’s immigrant heritage, including how immigrants shaped the city and how they lived
- Hear local stories of brewing, bottling and bootlegging
- Eat amazing dishes from immigrant kitchens and enjoy delicious local craft beer
- Discover the history of the Brooklyn’s German neighborhood
- Experience two of New York City Urban Adventures best-selling tours in a one-day package
- All guests must be 21 years of age or older to attend, and must bring government-issued photo ID as proof of age — passports and/or driver’s licenses are acceptable
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
- Meeting Point: The Fountain at City Hall Park (at the southern end of the park), Broadway, Manhattan, NY 10007, directly across from 233 Broadway
- End Point: 942 Grand St, Brooklyn, NY 11211
- Inclusions: Local English-speaking guide, food tastings, pizza lunch, round-trip subway fare during tour
- Exclusions: Additional food and drinks, souvenirs and personal shopping, tips/gratuities for your guide
- Weather: Tour runs rain or shine
- As you will be outside for part of the tour, please dress appropriately for the weather.
- New York City Urban Adventures can cater to dietary requests on this tour for vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free travelers. Please notify them in advance if you have any dietary requests
How It Works