Bean-to-Bar Artisan Chocolate — Learn to Craft Chocolate
Bronx Grrl Chocolate makes their artisan chocolate directly from organic, fair-trade cacao. As artisanal, hand-crafted chocolate makers, they make unique, magical chocolate the way you wish all chocolate was made: by hand, from first principles.... more less
Come join Bronx Grrl Chocolate as they show you exactly how dark, dark chocolate is made — beautifully simple, healthfully natural and by hand.
You will first taste a variety of chocolates while the healthful properties of chocolate are discussed, including how fine chocolate gets its nice "snap", the history of chocolate from the Aztecs to you, and how it can be delicious and good for you too.
Bronx Grrl Chocolate chocolate makers will show you how to roast organic cacao beans to tease the best flavors from them. You will taste fresh-roasted cacao nibs, and then grind the nibs into cocoa liqueur — right before your eyes. The delicious smells and tastes will be fantastic.
You will finish the workshop by tempering and molding your own chocolate, which you will take home to savor. This will be an unforgettable experience, and you will come to understand and appreciate chocolate at a whole new level.
- Chocolate workshop by Gina Monaco, owner and Founder of Bronx Grrl Chocolate
- Meet other chocolate lovers for a rousing discussion before the workshop, complete with chocolate, tea and coffee
- Take home chocolate bars that you get to make
- Held in the scenic countryside of Pennsylvania, less than two hours from NYC or Philadelphia
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works