Exclusive Guided Tour of New York’s Historic Union Square Greenmarket with GrowNYC
Merge into the maze of vendors as you learn about the history of the Union Square Greenmarket and its role in revitalizing the neighborhood, as well as launching the farm-to-table movement in New York City. Stop by several vendors and meet the farmers who grow and make the incredible products coveted by some of the cities best restaurants and chefs. You'll have the opportunity to ask questions about their produce and experience, as well as their own involvement in the local food movement.
As you continue to immerse yourself in the market, you’ll also get to hear more about GrowNYC’s role in making food accessible to all New Yorkers, and their mission to educate people on the benefits of eating local.
As the tour comes to an end, you’ll get to have a taste of a delicious, seasonal snack. Plan on leaving with a small surprise market gift, in addition to new knowledge about the importance of healthy, local foods.
- Meet at the market information tent in Union Square
- Learn about the history of the Union Square Greenmarket
- Meet several farmers who make products coveted by some of the cities best restaurants and chefs
- Learn more about GrowNYC’s role in making food accessible to all New Yorkers
- Try a seasonal snack from the market
- Receive a small market gift to take home
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
- Weather permitting
How It Works