Demystifying Coffee Flavor: Understanding Olfaction and Gustation in a Private Workshop
Start by learning about the concept of flavor, the science behind how to identify aromas and tastes, and where flavors in coffee come from. This foundation is designed to help develop your palate, giving you the skills to accurately pick out and describe flavors in coffee.
Next, engage in palate exercises that stretch and strengthen your flavor vocabulary. You will be smelling and tasting a multitude of flavors, developing both your gustation and olfaction senses.
The workshop will conclude with a coffee tasting where you will utilize your newfound knowledge. True confidence comes from understanding what you're tasting when you consume it, so consider yourself a coffee connoisseur after this class.
- Develop your overall coffee palette with exercises in this private workshop at Toby's Estate Cupping Lab in West Village
- Learn about the science of flavor, aroma and taste of coffee
- Go through a palate-focused coffee tasting
- Experience provided in English (US)
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
- This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works