Delve into the delectable world of Mendiants and dipped treats such as lemonettes, orangettes, and gingerettes. This lesson will provide all the ingredients you need to make these sophisticated chocolate candies.
Benefiting The James Beard Foundation
Chocolate Workshop: Learn to Make Mendiants, a Traditional French Confection
In this unique experience for chocolate enthusiasts, learn to craft the French mendiant, a chic disc of chocolate studded with fruits and nuts that’s often enjoyed during the holidays. You’ll have the opportunity to work with tempered chocolate and top 16 unique mendiants, using only the finest quality of ingredients. Your evening will be celebratory in mood with an engaging chocolatier, who will share his knowledge and answer any questions you might have. Expect a friendly and leisurely session in the private lounge and chocolate atelier of Voilà Chocolat’s Upper West Side boutique.
During this hands-on workshop, you will have a choice of milk and dark chocolate from Guittard and a wide variety of gourmet toppings. You will also enjoy pairing chocolate with glasses of bubbly Prosecco by Mionetto USA to enhance the celebratory mood. At the end of this workshop, you’ll have a package of handmade confections in a lovely box. A portion of this sale will go towards The James Beard Foundation.
- Mendiant workshop at Voilà Chocolat led by a master chocolatier
- A customized box of 16 confections for each guest
- Ingredients and equipment for the class will be provided
- Includes 1 bottle of Mionetto Brut Prosecco
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
- Guests must be at least 21 years of age
- Voilà Chocolat's facility is not nut-, dairy-, or allergen-free
How It Works
Provide your preferred dates for the experience.
The luminary will confirm the schedule or ask for alternatives.
Have a wonderful time. We look forward to coordinating your next IfOnly experience.